So this morning I spent a couple hours throwing some code together. Basically this was the idea:
- Listen for touches
- On touch-start, start a timer to show the menu
- On touch-end, kill the timer. The user will have lifted their finger so we don't want to show the menu
- If we're showing the menu, start a timer to remove it once its shown
- If a button is tapped or the timer is triggered remove the menu
- If a button is tapped, do something
At the end I tossed in some animation to make it a little nicer visually. A quick vid of it is below and you can grab the Xcode project here. Its obviously not perfect, but shows shows the general idea.